AIR FRYERS are the healthy solution to satisfy your deep fried and crunchy food desires.
Unlike other traditional ways, air fryers use few drops or no oil to cook crunchy and fried food. How…?
When you turn on this appliance, very hot water is circulated to provide even and fried cooking. Apart from fried food, air fryer can also roast, bake, grill and boil foods.
Before purchasing an air fryer, consider below factors.
Size/Capacity – Air fryers are available in different sizes ranging from 1 liter to 16 liters. For bachelors and small families 1 liter to 4 litres’ capacity is enough. For large families 6 liters or above capacity is sufficient.
Timer – In some of the cases, timer with up to 30-minute range is sufficient. However, if you have to cook dishes a little longer, then go for 60-minute timer.
Temperature – Having a temperature range up to 400 °F is beneficial if you make meats a lot. Dishes like kebabs need high temperatures to cook even and thoroughly.
Apart from that these three factors, you should also consider design style, controls, durability and other factors. We have mentioned them clearly in our “Buying Guide“
Further, we have also picked out The BEST AIR FRYERS in INDIA after a thorough research, analysis and testing. Hopefully this list makes your purchasing decision a lot easier.
- 1 Best Air Fryers Reviews in India
- 1.1 Philips Viva Collection HD9220 Air Fryer
- 1.2 Havells Prolife Grande Air Fryer
- 1.3 Stok Air Fryer Max Oil-Less Cooker for Roasting
- 1.4 Stok 2.6-Litres 1350 Watts Air Fryer
- 1.5 Inalsa Air Fryer 2.9 L Fry Light with 1400-Watt and Smart Rapid Air Technology
- 1.6 Glen 3044 1350-Watt Stainless Steel Air Fryer
- 1.7 Koryo KHF3320 Air Fryer
- 2 Which Air Fryer Should I Choose?
- 3 What is an Air Fryer?
- 4 How to Pick the Right Air Fryer?
- 5 Some Useful Tips on How to Use an Air Fryer
- 5.1 Pre-Heat for Even Cooking
- 5.2 Few Drops of Oil for Extra Crunch
- 5.3 Grease Air Fryer Basket
- 5.4 Spray Halfway Through Cooking
- 5.5 Avoid Aerosol Sprays in Air Fryer
- 5.6 Shake for Better Crunch
- 5.7 Avoid Over-Crowing the Basket
- 5.8 Water in The Bottle to Stop White Smoke
- 5.9 Be Careful with Small Items
- 5.10 Temperature Adjustment for Certain Foods
- 6 How to Easily Clean an Air Fryer?
- 7 Important Notes
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Conclusion:
Best Air Fryers Reviews in India
|Air Fryers||Power||Capacity||Frying Time||Suitable For||Warranty||Buy Now|
Bachelors / Couples
Small / Medium Family
30 minutes (estimated)
Small / Medium Family
Small Families / Bachelors
Small / Medium Family
First product on our list is from a common household brand – Philips. HD9220 Viva Collection Air Fryer product from Philips is perfect for any health geek – as it can help you bake, grill, roast, fry food with little or no oil.
This product uses rapid air technology to provide even cooking, crispy edges and tender insides. It has maximum cooking temperature of 200 degrees and maximum time duration of 30 minutes.
You can adjust the timer and temperature according to the food ingredients or recipes you are cooking. General time and temperature instructions are provided on the air fryer beside the knob for reference purpose.
Once the cooking time is complete, the device automatically shut off. So, you don’t experience any burned food or smell even if you forget turning off the air fryer.
- It has 2.2-liter capacity which is suitable for small families with 3 to 4 members.
- It is very easy to clean and maintain this product – as all removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Its unique starfish design combines fast circulating superheated air to cook food quickly.
- The non-slip feet will ensure the device doesn’t tumble while in use or while cleaning.
- Being compact and stylish, it is suitable for all modern Indian kitchens.
Though the cooking temperature is very high, the exteriors and handle will stay cool to touch and handle the device. As high quality plastic is used for exterior parts, the device can handle regular tough wear and tear, and lasts pretty long.
Performance: It consumes 1400Watts which lets the heating elements to increase the temperature quickly within no time.
Warranty: 2-years warranty is provided on the manufacturing defects. 10-days replacement guarantee is provided if you purchase this product on Amazon. For any repairs or warranty assistance, you can contact Philips customer service on 1800-102-2929 *(Toll Free).
- Rapid air technology for quick frying
- Adjustable timer and temperature
- 1-meter cord length
- Auto Shut off
- Non-slip feet
- Durable and efficient
- Recipe book and instruction manual provided
- Doesn’t come with food separator
Havells is a leading producer of domestic appliances to the Indian households like induction cooker, food processors, water purifiers, fans and water heaters. The brand has received very less complaints from the customers to date, thanks to its high-quality products and quick service.
This Prolife Grande air fryer from the brand is one of the best sellers in the market as it is equipped with Aero Crisp technology to circulate the air in all directions for even frying.
With a digital touch control panel on the top, you can set the temperature up to 200-degrees. So, you can bake, toast, roast, grill and fry using this appliance.
This air fryer also comes with a 60-minute automatic shut off timer. So, if you are someone who hates to monitor the food while cooking, this one’s for you!
Moreover, there’s a 6.5 litre large pan at the bottom of the fryer to let you bake your favourite bread, cake or muffins. And, the 5-litre basket on the food basket allows you to prepare delicious recipes like chicken tandoor, pakora, fries, chicken lollipops and tikkas, all with no oil.
- 10 auto preset options to cook a variety of recipes without monitoring.
- LED display to indicate the temperature and time of cooking.
- Weighs 7 kgs and is portable.
- The basket has round slots along the sides for better air circulation.
- Ideal size to cook food for a family of 3 to 4 people.
Performance: The appliance consumes 1700W. So, it would typically take just 5 mins to make your delicious fries, fried onions or chicken tikkas.
Warranty:The brand offers a 2-year warranty against all the manufacturing defects.
- Easy-to-operate touch panel.
- Heats up quickly, so cooking requires less time.
- Large capacity pan and basket.
- 2 years warranty.
- Weighs just 7 kgs, so the fryer is easy to carry.
- Auto shutoff and timer features.
- Gives out plastic smell when you first use the appliance.
Stok is a reputed brand that brings up quality electronics at a reasonable price. To date, it has served its customers with varied electronic devices like counting machines, laminating machines, rice cookers, air fryers, sandwich grills, hand mixers and many more.
In its air fryers, this one stands apart as it has a stainless steel outer body to effortlessly blend with all types of kitchen interiors.
With 8 preset functions, you can bake, fry and grill all your favourite items. There’s a built-in timer that shuts off the appliance after 30 minutes. It also alerts you with a bell sound once the time’s up. So, no more over-burned or under-cooked recipes.
Moreover, the front touch panel makes it easy to select among the preset functions and also to set the precise temperature.
Along with the product, you get a metal grill, a recipe book with more than 20 recipes, and a user manual with easy instructions.
- The non-stick basket is PFOA-free and BPA-free. So, it is safe and also easy to clean as it is dishwasher-safe.
- With this 5.5. litres basket and 6.5-litre large pan, this fryer can make food for a family of 3 to 5 people.
- The air fryer measures 11. 8 x 11. 8 x 12. 6 inches, so it is compact enough to fit in your kitchen cupboard.
- LED display to indicate temperature and the working condition.
Performance: this air fryer consumes 1800W to help you cook the food in no time while cutting the fat percentage by 80%.
Warranty: 1-year warranty from the brand against all the manufacturing defects.
- 8 preset settings to instantly cook delicious recipes.
- Large pan and basket to cook food sufficient for a family.
- Easy to maintain as it is made of stainless steel.
- 1-year warranty.
- The non-stick coating can wear off after prolonged use.
SToK is a local Indian brand providing affordable household appliances. If you have a budget constraint, and want a perfect fryer to roast, bake, steam and grill then SToK is the right choice.
This product comes with several attachments like tray, grill, and bowl which makes the whole cooking process much easier.
The temperature control knob let you adjust the device temperature between 80°-200°C depending on his requirement. 30-minutes adjustable timer option is available to set the cooking/ frying time.
- 6 liters of fryer capacity helps to put fruits and vegetables by supporting small families.
- The attachments are made of non-sticky materials, dishwasher safe, easy to clean and maintain.
- The fryer’s unique design on the bottom helps facilitate air circulation for evenly distributed heat.
- It is easy to use, clean, safe and economical for daily use.
- Has detachable dishwasher safe non-stick coated cooking basket and pan.
Button guard is provided to prevent accidental removal of basket and pot.
Along with the product, you will receive a recipe book and extra grill. The recipe book contains numerous recipes items in step by step approach so that the novice can handle fryer without any damage.
Performance: It consumes 1350 Watts power to provide efficient heating temperature for even cooking.
Warranty: Only 1-year warranty is provided on manufacturing defects.
- Large capacity cooking tray
- Power consumption of 1500 watts
- Adjustable temperature control
- Compact design
- Auto switch-off feature
- Food separator can’t be used in this model
- Customer service is not up to the mark
This Inalsa is a budget-friendly air fryer that comes with finite number of efficient features. This fryer can bake, fry, saute and grill any kind of vegetable or meat pieces.
Timer and temperature settings of the air fryer are dial styled with the timer dial is present to move clockwise to set the desired time. For your safety, this appliance automatically switches off itself on basket removal. Over-heat protection has also been provided to protect against sudden overloads.
- The baking basket of the fryer has 2.9 litres capacity while the cooking pan capacity is 4.2 litres.
- baking basket is lined with high-quality food grade non-stick coating so that the food materials do not stick and damage the device.
- The handle part of fryer is cool to touch and has a release button for the baking basket.
- Detachable Food Graded Non-Stick coated basket is dishwasher safe.
Performance: It consumes 1400 Watts power for quickly heating the air within the device.
Warranty: This product comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of 2 years on any damages to the product.
- 9-liter basket capacity and 4.2-litre fry pan capacity
- Cool to touch handle with remove the basket button
- Ergonomic timer and temperature dials
- Automatic power off when removing the basket make it safe to operate
- 2 Years manufacturer’s warranty
- Does not have a food separator
Since two decades, Glen has been providing innovative kitchen products like kitchen chimneys, gas stoves and air fryers. All their products are backed by extensive research and state-of-the art technologies.
Among them, we are going to discuss their 3044 air fryer model. Be it snacks, chicken fries, burgers and any other dishes, this air fryer can complete the task without or with less amount of oil.
- It has 2.8-liter capacity which is sufficient enough for small families and bachelors.
- You can adjust time & temperature control knob based on cooking requirements.
- It comes with cool touch handle for better grip.
- Easy to remove, clean and dishwasher safe basket.
- Unlike other air fryers in Indian market, this one comes with steam option as well.
- Rapid heating is achieved by stainless steel coil.
Performance: It consumes 1350 Watts power to complete all cooking tasks efficiently.
Warranty: It comes with 2-years warranty on manufacturing defects. For more information, contact them by filling the form in their website.
- Rapid heating
- Stainless steel heating coil
- Vapor steam for frying
- Comes with recipe book
- Cool touch handle
- Removable basket
- Less expensive
- Build quality is a bit low
The one who choose KORYO will make their life less complex. This stylish Koryo KHF3320 air fryer will fulfill your need with ease and convenience. It cooks food with up to 80% less oil and thus makes it suitable for cooking healthy food, either it is a fry, roast, bake, & bake.
Its temperature control knob will let you adjust the device temperature between 80 – 200°C and adjustable timer for up to 30 minutes, depending on your food being cooked. With its high speed air circulation, it cooks the food quickly and evenly.
The device will shut off automatically when once the cooking time is completed to prevent food from overcooked or burning. Also, a power indicator light will let you know the cooking process. The non-stick basket will come with a cool to touch handles for easy pull out food tray and portability.
- 6 liters of fryer capacity will make it quite suitable for small families with 3 – 4 members.
- Has detachable dishwasher safe non-stick coated cooking basket and pan.
- The handle part of fryer is cool to touch and has a basket release button with cover lid.
- It is easy to use, clean, safe and economical for daily use.
- High speed air circulation for an even and quick cooking.
Along with this product, you will receive a recipe book and some accessories like silicon cupcake molds, silicon brush, pizza pan & cake barrel (bake pan), which makes cooking easy and perfect.
Performance: It consumes 1350 Watts power to provide efficient heating temperature for even cooking.
Warranty: This product comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of 1 year against manufacturing defects.
- Cool to touch handle with basket release button.
- Automatic power off feature.
- Ergonomic timer and temperature dials.
- High speed air circulation technology
- Compact and lightweight design.
- Non-stick frying basket.
- Recipe book and some cooking attachments provided.
- Build quality is a bit low.
Which Air Fryer Should I Choose?
As we have a spent a lot time in researching, analysis and reading customer reviews. We are confident in saying that the shortlisted 7 air fryers are the best in the Indian market. However, we can specially mention pick up single product as the best one – because every one of us have different requirements.
Below, we have provided an overview of air fryers we picked up…
- If you are looking for high performance, top-notch build quality, long lasting durability, then we recommend to go with Philips Viva Collection.
- However, if you want a large capacity and longer timer duration, than Philips then we recommend Havells Digi ProLife. Apart from capacity, it also comes with longer timer duration as well. Though it is a bit less priced than Philips, the build quality is not up to the mark.
- If you want compact and stylish air fryer with longer warranty duration, then go with American Micronic air fryer.
- Well finally, if your budget is low, then you can choose any one from Glen, Inalsa, STok, and KRUTAN. All these air fryers are priced below Rs.5000.
The above recommendations are for reference purpose only. You can happily choose any one as per your personal taste and cooking requirements.
What is an Air Fryer?
This is a kitchen appliance which mimics the results of deep frying food with just few drops of oil. This is achieved by circulating hot air around the food ingredients. How? Read on…
Working Principle of air fryer – The heating elements present in air fryer warm the air to very high temperature. The fans present within the appliance and natural convection current circulate the air. This movement results in cooking the food much quickly. This whole process will make the snacks crispy and brown from outside and soft and moist inside.
How to Pick the Right Air Fryer?
Air fryers are pretty much new to the market – so most of us are unware of the how exactly to choose an air fryer. This buying guide will help with all the information required to make an informed choice.
Different Types of Air Fryer
All air fryers have a heating element and fan to circulate the hot air around the food. Though their working principle is same, each type has a different approach. Below, we have mentioned different types of air fryers your information with its benefits and drawbacks. This helps you understand which one suits you best.
- Round/Egg Shaped Air Fryer
Also known as basket type air fryers, these are the most common ones among the market. Their features and applications make them perfect for regular household cooking. Most of these air fryers come in two different types – Round and Square. These models have a digital display and provide ample amount of accessories to easy operation.
- Air Fryer Ovens
Oven style air fryers are new to the Indian market and that is why there are only few products available. Just like the other models, this type of air fryer also circulates hot air produced by a heating element. But the difference lies in the cooking surface design.
Unlike using pan or basket for frying food ingredients, oven style air fryer contains horizontal racks (similar to traditional oven). Benefit of having horizontal racks is that it can be used to cook several types of food ingredients at once on various racks. For example, you can place meat on one rack, vegetables on others and tater tots on another.
Oven style air fryers comes with several additional accessories that include small baking dishes, kabab skewers, rotisserie and others.
- Paddle Type Air Fryers
As it is introduced to the market in 2006, the paddle type is considered the original air fryer. They have a rotating paddle which turns and stirs the foods while heat cooks the food.
- Halogen Air Fryers
Halogen air fryers are slightly different from others. Most of the air fryers have heating element that is similar to conventional oven. However, halogen air fryers use halogen bulbs as their heating source. The heat emitted from these bulbs is circulated around the food ingredients using a fan
Air Fryer Size
Air fryers are available in several sizes ranging from 1 liter to 16 liters. Smallest air fryers having 1liter capacity are suitable for bachelors and small families. They can provide 1 or 2 servicing at a time. Large air fryers with up to 16 liters’ capacity are suitable for medium to large families. They can provide 6 or more serving at a time.
So, while purchasing an air fryer, understand your requirements and size of the household as well. Apart from that, if you entertain guests regularly, consider which size is suitable for feeding a large crowd. For clear explanation, we have provided simple calculation below…
- 1 liter – suitable for bachelors
- 2 to 3 liters – suitable for couples
- 3 to 5 liters – suitable for a family with 4 to 6 people
- 6 liters or above – suitable for large family
Note: Actually air fryers with large capacity (3 liters and above) are worth every buck you spend because they come with lots of additional functionalities like baking, roasting and grilling.
Most of the air fryers in Indian market come in two different build styles – pull out drawer and flip-top.
- Pull-out drawer – This style is usually observed in vertical style models. It is easy to operate as well because all you have to do is grab the handle and unhook the basket within. It is much safer because the heating element is not exposed. However, capacity tends to be a bit less.
- Flip-top – It is usually observed in large capacity air fryers. It is a bit difficult to operate as there has to be some space above the unit for proper opening. As the heating element tends to be exposed, you should be careful while removing or adding food.
One of the important aspects to consider is ability of cooking the food ingredients evenly. Different models have different approach in achieving the same. Basically, there are two main models that include manual rotation and self-rotating.
- Manual Rotation – Some of the air fryers require manual rotation of food ingredients to ensure even heat distribution and cooking. Most of the models present in India provide this design. However, different foods require different approach. For example, if you want French fries, it is easy to rotate the contents easily. But it may not be easy to rotate chicken pieces in the same way.
- Self-Rotating – If you have to manual rotate the food ingredients, then this feature can be helpful. As the name suggests, it will rotate automatically without your attention. This process uses paddle to either rotate the contents or entire basket. This feature is perfect for food ingredients that require frequent rotation.
Some models come with two main functionalities – Timer and Temperature. They help us control the cooking process according our requirements.
- Timer – This features lets you enable the required timer duration for cooking the food. Most of the air fryers have a timer up to 30 minutes. However, if you want a longer duration, choose a model with up to 60-minute timer (only some models come with this option).
- Temperature – Air fryers come with a temperature range of 200°F to 400 °F – which enables to adjust the temperature according to cooking requirements.
Digital or Manual Controls
The choice between these two modes is purely personal preference. Some models come with a combination of these two modes as well.
Manual knobs are perfect for people who don’t like the pervasive effects of modern technology. But sometimes, analog timers can still run when the food basket is removed (for shaking or tilting food). So, it better to pre-set the timer a bit longer.
Sometimes, accuracy can be a bit problem with manual knobs as the dials are pre-designed to be off by a few degrees and temperature. And moreover some dial knobs are hard to read and suffer from large increment jumps.
But the accuracy of temperature and timer setting with digital display are right to the point. And moreover it is easy to read on digital display than manual one.
If you choose digital display, then it is better to purchase additional warranty. Because touch feature can function ineffectively over time due to amount of heat exposure.
Pre-set Cooking Programs and Features
Some modern digital air fryers come with built-in cooking programs. You can choose the dish you are making and push the button beside it – the air fryer will automatically set the timer and temperature according to it.
This feature is perfect for people who don’t have much time to spend on cooking. Some analog approach air fryers also have pre-set cooking options – which are usually printed on the lid of body.
Other time saving and smart features often observed in modern air fryers include warm mode (which keeps food warm until served), pre-heating and pause (if you want to stop the cooking process for some time). Having these features can be beneficial but not compulsory. It depends on your personal preference.
Power consumption of any kitchen appliance defines its efficiency. It is the same for air fryers as well. Most of the air fryers present in the Indian market having power consumption range from 1200 Watts to 2100 Watts. The higher the wattage is, the quicker heat is generated and faster food is cooked.
Air fryers with lower wattage have maximum temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit. But models with higher wattage can have maximum of 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Generally, higher wattage air fryers are more energy efficient as they cook food quickly.
New models of air fryers have several safety features like cool touch handle, automatic shut off and safety button to prevent basket from falling off while taking the food out. These features are specially developed to prevent any damages, injuries and smoke build up.
Removable drawer and Extra Rack
Air fryers with removable drawers a lot easier to use and clean after each use. If you are cooking for a large crowd, then having a separator in the basket or extra rack will be helpful – as you can cook food at same time without cross contamination.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Most of the air fryers come with removable racks and baskets that are compatible with dishwashers. However, some components like mesh basket and grill can get food stuck in between them. This has to be cleaned manually. The outside body can be wiped with a dry or wet cloth after its cools down completely. Just like any other appliance, cleaning after each use helps in prolonging its life.
Air fryers in Indian market are available in a wide price range starting from Rs.3000 to Rs.9000. If you have budget constraint, then you can easily get an efficient air fryer as low as Rs.5000. However, if you want an appliance with all modern features and functionalities, then you have to purchase a high-end air fryer.
Different brands provide warranties of different time duration. Some of them can be as short as 6 months while some may provide warranty up to 2 years. Warranty is token of confidence by manufacturer that – the product is designed to outlast the provided warranty duration at least. So, longer the warranty is, better the quality will be. Some manufacturers also provide extended warranty for a small amount of money. It will have extended the services generally that come under warranty like replacement or repair at no extra cost.
Some Useful Tips on How to Use an Air Fryer
Pre-Heat for Even Cooking
Some people forget to pre-heat the air fryer which can result in uneven cooking. If you want delicious even fried food, then make sure to pre-heat. If your air fryer doesn’t have this feature, then simply turn on at desired temperature and let it run for 3 minutes before adding food items.
Few Drops of Oil for Extra Crunch
Adding few drops of oil on foods can help them get crispier but some may not need it. Food items that already have fat content like meat, fatty cuts and others will not need any extra oil. But for dry ingredients and vegetables, adding just a few drops can be better.
Grease Air Fryer Basket
Sometimes, food can get stuck in between the grill basket which can be difficult to clean. So, it is better to grease the basket or rack with a small amount of oil before placing the food.
Spray Halfway Through Cooking
Spraying a small oil halfway through cooking can provide the best crisp on food items that are coating with flour or any batter. This process may not be necessary if you are cooking any meats that already have fat content.
Avoid Aerosol Sprays in Air Fryer
Harsh ingredients present in aerosol sprays can lead to damage or chipping in air fryer baskets. So, it is better to invest in a good quality oil bottle or mister.
Shake for Better Crunch
While air frying small food items like chicken nuggets, wings, potatoes, it is better to shake the basket once in few minutes. This ensures even cooking throughout the food ingredient. You can use a pair of tongs to flip food items if shaking isn’t working. Once you open the basket, the air fryer will pause the cooking process and will automatically turn on when close the basket.
Avoid Over-Crowing the Basket
Placing too much food without enough space in-between can lead to uneven cooking and browning. To avoid this, cook in small batches or invest in a large air fryer.
Water in The Bottle to Stop White Smoke
While cooking fatty or greasy foods like chicken wings, legs or others – white smoke can come out the unit. If you want to avoid white smoke, just pour 2 tablespoons of water in the bottom of the basket. This will not only prevent smoke but also let the food continue to cook properly.
If you are cooking fatty foods like bacon, then it may sputter a lot of grease. Placing a piece of bread in the bottom of the unit can soak up any grease.
Be Careful with Small Items
Every air fryer comes with a small and powerful fan on top of unit – which can cause light weight food items to sweep off. This can be dangerous as it can damage the product or lead to mess to clean up.
Temperature Adjustment for Certain Foods
Sometimes, cranking up the heat can provide better result. But beware with some food items as they can dry out very quickly. For proper temperature maintenance, modify them as you would do while making in over. For example, if you make brownies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Then you can adjust the temperature 320 degrees Fahrenheit and cook them for 16 minutes.
How to Easily Clean an Air Fryer?
When compared to traditional deep frying, air frying is clean and less messy. And moreover, you will not end up with greasy pots and pans to hand wash. The cooking basket is enclosed any oil spattering will be collected in the oil pan below. But this doesn’t mean, you can avoid cleaning. An air fryer has to be cleaned every single time you use.
Below is the step-be-step process
- First unplug the air fryer from wall and let it cool down completely.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe the exteriors thoroughly.
- Remove the basket, try or pan and wash them with hot water and mild dishwashing soap. Some of these parts can be dishwasher safe so you can just toss them in dishwasher.
- Using hot water and sponge/cloth, wipe the interiors carefully.
- If food is stuck to heating element present above food basket, then remove it off using a brush.
- Before placing them back into the air fryer, make sure to removable parts are completely dry.
- Avoid using sharp utensils like fork or knife to remove any stuck food. Components of air fryer are usually lined with non-stick coating. Using sharp objects can lead to scratched and chipping. For removing stuck food in the basket or drip pan, use non-abrasive sponges or brushes.
- If the stuck food is too hard to remove, then soak the basked in hot water and mild soap. Once it softens, you can easily remove it with sponge.
- If you cooking food consecutively, then wait till the final batch if completely cooked before starting the cleaning process
Frequently Asked Questions
As an Air Fryer uses only very limited oil and the oil you use should have a very high smoking point because the temperatures inside an air fryer are very high. For better health results, use grape seed or avocado or simply, extra virgin olive oil should do the trick.
Generally, an air fryer cools down automatically soon after you power off and shut it down. But if you are in a hurry and need to cool it down faster, then take out the food basket/ pan from the fryer. After it comes from super hot state to just hot state in a few minutes, try cleaning the utensil in cold water and it cools off fast.
Heating and cooking frozen food takes a little more time than it takes for normal food. First, you need to set the timer to 2 or 3 minutes to thaw out the food and then set a separate timer depending on the food type. For vegetables it starts with 4 minutes and can go up to 40 minutes. For meat, it starts with 7 minutes and varies.
Yes. It is perfectly ok to take out the frier or the food basket for adding any ingredients. Particularly, people do this while using the fryer for grilling. You can even take out the food in the basket such as french fries or veggies to shake them for mixing the flavour.
Preheating of an air fryer is not a necessary thing to do. But in cases frozen foods or when you need to get something done faster, you can preheat the fryer to about 2 or 3 minutes before you put in the ingredients. Helps you save time.
Yes. This actually enhances the taste of the vegetables and also gives them a certain crispy-crunchy flavour.
The temperature you need for cooking depends on the kind of flame you use to cook the same dish on a normal gas stove. Here, for dishes which need a low flame, use 130 or 140 degrees. For medium flame dishes, you would need a temperature between 160 and 170 degrees. For dishes such as tandoori or grilling, go for 200 degrees.
There are a lot of oven ready chicken nuggets which are ideal for using in an air fryer and they are perfectly tasty. For this, preheat the fryer for a couple of minutes, further chop down the nuggets to smaller pieces (smaller pieces fry well, crisp better and taste good). Pad the chicken with a small dab of oil for good crispiness. Now set the temperature of the fryer for 200 degrees and your chicken nuggets would be ready in 10 minutes.
Air fryers can be used to prepare a wide range of food items such as nuggets, fish, chicken, mutton and prawns grills, baked items, fried, baked, battered foods and roasting of vegetables. Any and every normally fried item can be made using an air fryer.
Air fryer employes fast hot blowing air to cook items where as a grill oven just heats a grill. By default, an air fryer causes 80% reduction in oil fat consumption. Also, foods such as chicken breast or nuggets can be made in an air fryer faster than a grill oven.
No. On the contrary, they help reduce it. Deep frying of meat leads to the development of acrylamide in the body. But due to the air frying of food inside an air fryer, development of this comes down. Thus they help in reducing cancer if any.
Yes. You can use an Aluminum foil for cooking in an air fryer. This speeds up the cooking process and adds to retaining the taste of the food items longer
Fatty foods when cooked inside an air fryer may cause the formation of white smoke inside an air fryer. In order to counter this, you can add a little water to the drawer under the cooking basket along with the fatty food you are cooking inside it.
To stop food sticking to the sides of the fryer, season the fryer from time to time. You can do it before cooking or after cleaning the vessel. Just place some coconut oil and rub it off with a paper towel. Also, do not over crowd your basket while cooking
Regular frying can cause smelling in the kitchen room because it is open and there is a lot of evaporation of the oil. Air fryers do not cause any smell of such large magnitude as there is very little oil at use here.
Yes, air fryers are perfect for making several Indian dishes like Pakora, chicken fry, sea food fries, vegetable fries and others.
In some way, convection oven and air fryers are similar. However, there are enough variations between them to place in different categories. The most important difference is – convection oven cannot provide the crispiness that is provided by the air fryer. If you want to get enough crispiness in the oven, the food has to be cooked for more time which can lead to burnt taste. Air fryers also ensure even cooking through the food items without leaving any burnt bits.
In deep fryers heat transferred through oil but in air fryers heat is transferred through air. Deep fryer requires a lot of oil to cook food. But air fryer cook food with few drops or without any oil. And moreover food prepared through deep frying is not healthy. But the same crispiness and fried food can be made in a healthy way using an air fryer.
If you love having fried food regularly, then air fryers are the best solution. As you will not be using any oil (or just few drops), the food you will be healthy as well. Market is filled up with several models and whatever you pick will surely provide you crispy air fired food. But real trick is to purchase an air fryer the lasts long and has high efficiency. If you confused what to choose and how to analyse, then read our buying guide – it has all the information to make an informed decision. Further, we have also picked out best air fryers available in India. If you haven’t got much time to spend on analysis, then you can just pick any one among them. As per our expert recommendation, we choose Philips Viva Collection HD9220 Air Fryer as it has got rapid air technology, impressive design, and amazing functionalities. Which product did you choose? Was the information provided in this article helpful for you? Write your comments and queries in the comment section below. We will reply to them as soon as possible.
Join 3000+ subscribers for exclusive access to our daily newsletter with a new buying guides and reviews of products.